Saturday, December 06, 2008

HEY STELLA!



I just read A STREET CAR NAMED DESIRE for the first time and let me assure that I did not name my Stella after Stella Kowalski who is so nice and kind but for goodness sake, she needs to get a backbone. However, I thought you may enjoy this oft quoted scene. Marlon Brando, as the out-of-control Stanley Kowalski, is so vintage attractive, so wonderfully brutish and has no hint of his later Apocalypse Now look. (He's got nothing on Tom though!) Yet as passionate as this scene is, as a Landlord, all I could see is horribly loud neighbors. HEY STELLLLAAA! No way, not for me, not at 2 in the morning. No thank you. Put a shirt on and just go away Stanley.

2 comments:

Tracy Laverty said...

I loved this clip! Hillarious. Old movies are the best. So, I'm sorry I haven't checked your blog lately- Happy Birthdays and Happy Anniversary. What a beautiful couple you two are. And I love that you go to modern art musuems as a family. Laura- how are do you do it all? I am so impressed that you are getting you grad degree. Don't worry about your "organic house" and messy drawers- life is a bit busy for you. We love you guys.

Kaerlig said...

He'd probably make a better neighbor than your current ones huh?