Friday, December 05, 2008

So the batteries ran out on our camera. . .

which shouldn't be a big deal because when we bought it, we got all of those nice rechargeable batteries. We have since lost said batteries after 'misplacing' the charger which we found just in time to not have any batteries. All in all, picture taking is requiring a little more of us that we are currently willing to give. and if I'm honest, (and a blog should certainly be a format for one's deepest confessions), my once always trusty talent of organization has gone out the window since a. starting grad school and b. realizing that a drawer organized, is a drawer 2 seconds later unorganized. Clearly, the batteries were at one point in the battery drawer. They must have grown legs as walked to the unknown locale of the formally hidden charger which suddenly appeared one day while looking for something else. I suppose one could chalk it up to letting my house turn back into its 'organic' state of chaos but there are days when I am feeling less philosophical and I realize that something must change. Like Brigette Jones, I make lists of goals, set new resolutions to most definitively find set spot for batteries and make well balanced dinners and really scrub that toilet. Unfortunately for her and I, another year passes and entries read the same.

As a band-aid, I offer pictures of my children, stolen from my sister's blog. Please Enjoy.

Stella at my/Tom's birthday.

Sam at my/Tom's birthday.

December 1:
Camera Batteries=still not working
Well-rounded dinner=pizza, soda and cake.
Toilet=not so much...

3 comments:

Suman Family said...

your kids are adorable laura. also, happy birthday to you both.

Michelle said...

Tom Happy birthday!! How old are you again? Oh that's right... Old ;)
We love both of you I hope you had a WONDERFUL birthday/anniversary/holiday season!!!
I hope you get the camera working soon, miss seeing you.

rusted sun said...

You can steal photos from my blog any time you want....you just have to let me take pictures of your kids.

I love you guys!