Thursday, October 02, 2008

The Big Game

Hurtados are historically sports-illiterate, we were/are a bunch of sissy choir people. One day Sam's uncle Lonnie introduced him to the pigskin and now Sam loves all sports. His nickname is el sporto (spanglish for "the Sport").



Lonnie you will be happy to know that we attended theUtes v.s. Oregon State game and had a great time seeing the Utes win in overtime (thanks for coming with us Warzacks). How about that 2 point conversion?! Stella was a bit squirmy and I had to go up and down 200 steps a few times for three potty trips. But she displays an athletic atitude toward the potty so it was like two games in one. Every touchdown, Stellie made a touchdown too.

Go Utes!

2 comments:

Kaerlig said...

A couple weeks ago Davey declared himself a Utes fan and I had to do some serious lecturing that we are Cougar fans in this family. He said, Well Sammy likes the Utes. I told him Sammy was a traitor (just kidding).

rusted sun said...

It gives me great pleasure to know that I've had a positive influence on el sporto. On top of that, he's helping his Cougar cousins come over to the truth. It's like the story about the starfish along the beach. By throwing the starfish back in the water, you've made a difference for that one. :)

I'm glad you guys had a fun time at the game. It would have been really fun to go with you. At least, I was able to watch the game on Thursday night because it was on national TV. It took me an hour to wind down and fall asleep after the game because the end was so crazy. It's pretty ridiculous that I get so caught up in watching UofU games, but that's part of what makes it fun.

-Lonnie