Saturday, September 20, 2008

Date with Stella

Today our right front tire looked as bald as a babies bottom and almost as flat. So Stella and I went to the tire store and spent a wad-0-cash on some new tires and an alignment job. Anything I can do to help support businesses during the economic downturn, right? I prefer to buy anything petroleum based cause I know it raises the profit margin of almost all parties involved. Aint nuthin' better than some good 'ol American profiteerin'.

Luckily there was a stroller in the car. First, Stella and I hoofed it to the hardware store (plumbing job) and then stopped in at a bakery for breakfast where we shared an oatmeal and fruit dish and she tried a lemon wedge much to my delight. What a fantastic morning with my Stella bear.

Other Bits and Pieces:

Tried to remove a stubborn bathtub hot water valve and failed, again. Worked on the porch and made significant progress just in time for a rainstorm, the roof performed flawlessly. Unclogged rain gutters during the rain storm. Our friend David finished placing all of the kitchen counter tile, and Stella peed and pooped in the potty for the first time.

Back to our date, as Stella and I headed home after breakfast, we happened to walk past a drink station for an AIDS walk where we were offered Gatorade and informed that we were in position to take 5th place, who knew we were racing?! We still took the free drinks.

Thanks for the date Stellie, it made my day!

5 comments:

Kaerlig said...

Glad you got some one-on-one with Stella. We had fun with Sam this weekend. Hope he's not too scarred from seeing Dave and I loose our tempers from time to time.

Michelle said...

Congratulations Stella on the potty!!!!
Sounds like a good day, and good to know that you are supporting local economy and Aids prevention. Way to go Tom.

Tom said...

Thanks and thanks.

rusted sun said...

Papa (aka John Alan) called last night to inform me that Stella (the wonderchild) potty trained herself in one day. HE was quite proud.

rusted sun said...

Papa (aka John Alan) called last night to inform me that Stella (the wonderchild) potty trained herself in one day. HE was quite proud.